Sunday, April 3, 2011

Model Molly Sims' Stay-Skinny Fitness Secrets

Hello, lovely ladies of Vitamin G! I just wanted to pop over from Slaves to Fashion for a quick visit after a very cool encounter with the undeniably hot Molly Sims at an event the other day...she shared some of her fitness secrets with me (and hello, she's a former Sports Illustrated swimsuit model!) so I just had to pass them on to you...


The team over at Callaway Golf invited me to a ladies-only afternoon of yummy nibbles, schmoozing with Molly and LPGA star Morgan Pressel, and practicing my swing. I thought I really sucked at golf, until Morgan gave me a few pointers, and suddenly I was like Tiger Woods with two X chromosomes. Morgan guessed I was in pretty good shape, because I had a strong sense of my body and how it related to the club and a good control of my core muscles, and she asked what I did for exercise. We all started sharing our tips and then Molly (whose brother is a professional golfer!) started talking about her own fitness regime. And you better believe I was listening. Her main secret to keeping off the pounds is...sweating.


Yup, sweating. She said that any activity that really gets you dripping is one that's going to be great for toning your muscles and shedding that extra flab. One of the girls from Callaway, a former field hockey player, said she's still suffering from "hockey butt" and wondered what she could do to trim it down. "You need to do yoga to stretch those muscles and elongate them and burn that fat off!" Molly told her. Molly is a big fan of Bikram yoga (that's the one where the studio is about 110 degrees, with 40% humidity) and said that elevating your body temp is the best way to get in insane shape.


She also said the key to her beautiful bod is switching up her workouts. I asked her what she does during a normal week, and she told me, "Spinning, the elliptical, walking, running. Pilates and yoga. Strength training, tennis, sports...it depends, really." I was getting ready to hear her add "windsurfing, competitive sledding and a variety of track and field activities" to the list when I realized the key lies in staving off boredom. If you never get sick of what you're doing, you'll be less likely to abandon your workout regimen. Heading to the treadmill every single morning is the easiest way to turn that thing into a permanent clothing rack.


And as for those girls who say they can eat whatever they want without gaining an ounce? "Liars!" Molly says. "Those girls are in the gym busting their butts every day like the rest of us." You heard it from a former swimsuit model, ladies...time to get moving!


So tell me gals, how often do you switch up your own exercise routine? Have you found yourself in a rut lately? Or are you following through on your New Year's resolution to get in better shape? Will you take Molly's advice and start getting sweaty?

No comments:

Post a Comment